They need to look past the short term inconveniences and see
the longer term benefits of staff training.Training results in higher
returns than many other types of investments such as capital
equipment or new technology.
There is a body of evidence pointing to a positive relationship between training & productivity.
- Educated employees are likely to bring new ideas and increased creativity into the workplace.
- An MPI (Manufacturing Performance Institute) study of 1,000 manufacturing
companies found that the median revenue per employee went up $31,000
with an effective supervisory leadership training program
- An ASTD (American Society for Training and Development) study found companies
offering detailed staff training enjoyed a 24% higher profit margin than those
with less comprehensive training.
- Continuous learning especially with new technologies helps in gaining and
maintaining a competitive edge in Business.
- According to the ASTD, businesses investing in training have a higher
income per employee of up to 218%
- The University of North Texas and Wayland Baptist University found that
manufacturing firms that implement solid leadership training programs
average a 21% increase in productivity.
From the above facts we can see that there are intrinsic and measurable benefits
associated with having a well-educated and highly trained workforce.
The BSN Team.