Ideally Businesses need to have employees who can adapt to better,
more efficient work practices. This can be achieved through
effective training and this training can also provide
a range of additional benefits:
Benefits to the Employer:
- More effective and efficient use of workers’ time as a result of higher skill levels.
- Having the latest software technology and staff trained in its use is a
very effective way of increasing productivity.
- Well-trained employees are more capable and willing to assume more control over their jobs.
- Staff need less supervision, which releases senior management for other tasks.
- Businesses that invest the most in workplace learning, yielded higher net sales per employee
plus lower overall employee turnover and less absenteeism.
- Less time and money spent on monitoring and guiding employees
more time is freed up to investigate more profitable activities.
Benefits to the Employee
- Most employees appreciate the opportunity to learn new skills and develop professionally
- The ability to grow and develop through training and development is one
of the most important factors in employee motivation.
Some interesting statistics concerning Training
- A 10% increase in workforce education level led to an 8.6 percent gain in total productivity ( Source EQW )
- A recent World Bank study of 1,500 enterprises found that the return on training investment was 24%.
- An increase in training of 10 hours per year per employee was associated with a
0.6% increase in productivity. ( Source World Bank )
- For every $1.00 spent on the training program, $1.33 is returned.
Training programs that improve work skills and future career development
are seen as particularly effective.
In addition to better productivity,
organizations that emphasize employee development make
a lasting impression and earn lasting loyalty.
So invest in your employees as they provide the key to the success of your business.